In this issue, please take the opportunity to meet Dr. Alejandro Badia, an international renowned hand and upper extremity surgeon. Dr. Badia served as the president of ISSPORTH and founded the globally recognized Miami Anatomical Research and Training Center (M.A.R.C.) and The Surgery Center at Doral, an elite state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center. He is also the founder of OrthoNOW®, the nation’s only orthopedic urgent care franchise. OrthoNOW® was named “Top Ten Franchise Opportunity” in healthcare by Entrepreneur Magazine.
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Badia points to a paucity of orthopedic surgeons in the Caribbean which impacts patients and families and prompts them to travel to the US for care. He also discusses the value proposition of OrthoNOW® and its role in serving individuals, employers and workers’ comp patients – a more cost-effective alternative to the hospital emergency room.
This issue also brings you news on:
- GE announces their plans to spin off its health subsidiary into a standalone company, GE Healthcare
- World Health Organization has published a list of diagnostic tests that is considered essential to every health care system
- An egg a day is linked to lowering the risk of heart disease
- Atul Gawande will be starting as CEO of Buffet, Bezos and Dimon’s health-care venture
- The economic consequences of morality amendable to high-quality health care in low and middle-income countries
There’s a lot to read, review and digest!